Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Day Gift Tutorial

I thought I would share my Valentine tutorial from last year. I made this treat for my friends back in middle school at the suggestion of my mom, and I brought it back last year for some of my college girls. I think these would be cute treats for any holiday!


Here's what you'll need:

paper towel or toilet paper rolls
tissue paper and ribbon
tags (this is optional)
some goodies
(I chose mini Bath & Body Works hand sanitizers and Reeses)


You will also need tape and scissors. If you chose to use a paper towel roll vs. a toilet paper roll, cut the roll into smaller pieces. I cut mine into thirds. Start by laying out the tissue paper and laying one of your toilet paper rolls on top. Cut the paper based on the size of the roll, leaving a few inches on each side.


Make sure the tissue is facing down and tape one end to the roll. Roll the paper around the toilet paper tube until it is completely covered. If the tissue paper is see through, you might want to roll it a couple of times.


Cut any excess paper off, so you can use the extra for your next treat!


Finish rolling the paper around the tube and tape the end down.


Cut two pieces of ribbon long enough to be able to tie a bow around the end. I chose to use light pink ribbon that matched my cute monkey paper!


Pinch one of the ends of excess tissue paper and twist slightly.


Tie the end with one of the pieces of ribbon.


Fill the open end of the tube with the goodies you chose. I also like to include a little sequins and sparkle as a fun surprise! After you fill the toilet paper roll, tie the other end with the other piece of ribbon you cut. Be sure to attach your name tag.


There you go!! These are sure to be unique gifts for anyone, and they are really easy and inexpensive to make! Plus, you'll get a laugh when your friend opens the package and finds a toilet paper roll!

Be sure to share a link of this post if you love it!

6 comments:

  1. That is sooo cute!! I so want to make some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome and inexpensive idea! I wish I would have seen this before I put together my little boy's goodies for his daycare class. I am going to remember this for the next goodie bag opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh awesome! I am definitely going to do thisss!!! I really like your blog!
    ~Morgan
    =D
    http://livelaughspin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog! I really enjoy yours!
    Trina@alove2create.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute idea! I think I'll have to do that for the girls. So creative! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete