Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pate Art Show

In exactly one week, my entire family is having our art showcased at The Black Creek Arts Center in Hartsville, SC. Opening night is March 3rd, and the reception starts at 5:30 if anyone finds themselves in the area! I'm hoping to be able to make it. With it being a Thursday night, it kind of messes with my school schedule.

When I say my entire family, I do mean my ENTIRE family. I'll be displaying architectural models as well as some Hand Made and Lovely pieces. My dad will have paintings and drawings displayed, and my brother is having his senior animation reel playing. My dad's two brothers will be showing off their photography, painting, and sculptures. Their kids are in on the fun too! All in all, there will be 14 Pate artists being featured in the gallery. It's sure to be an event! This is the first time we've all shared an art show!

Here are some of the pieces I'll be showing. The jewelry has temporarily been taken off of my Etsy site, but it will be back on if it doesn't sell at the show!

This is a model of a junior year project.
Bike Depot in downtown Clemson, SC

Fabric covered vintage button bracelet

Vintage button necklace

I will also be featuring two other architectural models, three pairs of earrings, and a second necklace. I'm displaying my jewelry in a case with my antique Hand Made and Lovely inspiration tag framed (like how it is in my blog header). My dad bought me two necks, so I'm displaying the button necklace on one of those. I'm using an old manikin hand to "hold" the button bracelet. Everything is going to be in a vintage glass case. It's going to be really pretty! I'll be sure to post pictures after the opening!

My dad blog about his what's in his studiowasteland. He is an amazing artist, and I'm not just saying that! Check out his work and let him know what you think! He'd be tickled to gain a new follower. I'm trying to get him to set up an Etsy shop for his dancer drawings. He does sell them through is blog though if anyone is interested!

I've advertised for my brother before, but he's good enough to get another plug! He's working as an animator in Austin, but does web design on the side. Let me know if you'd like his contact info. Here's his website, if you'd like to check out some of his work.

1 comment: