Thursday, August 25, 2011

CoinStar

So, I had my first CoinStar experience on Monday. I've always just taken my coins to the bank, because I knew that CoinStar machines take 9.8% of your money. Well, I found out that if you choose to get a gift card instead, it's free! I opted for an Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic gift card because I have a $10 off coupon for Old Navy valid today through Monday.

I had my own jar of money I've found and a little bit of change from my purse. My mom let me take her 2 jars of change. I filled a small bucket with dimes, nickels, and pennies. We're sending all the quarters to my brother so he can do laundry. Then, we made guesses to see who was closest to the final amount. I guessed $18. My mom guess $22, and my dad guessed $32. Well my faja won! We had a grand total of $41.77 worth of change sitting around our house. I'm going to convert that into new clothes today! With my coupon, I have a $52 budget!

I'm so glad I found out about the giftcard option. I'm definitely more inclined to use CoinStar now that I know I get to keep all my money. They have Kroger cards, Amazon money, iTunes cards, etc. Something for everyone! By the way, this isn't a paid advertisement for CoinStar. I'm just genuinely excited about the gift card, and I wanted to share!!

Have you ever used CoinStar? What's the most you've gotten out of one visit?

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That's exciting!!....I wonder if Andrew would let me take his change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea that you could get your money in a gift card! That is great I may have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely doing this from now on...always up for an excuse to shop :)

    ReplyDelete