Thursday, March 10, 2011

Family Art Show Update

As I've previously blogged about, last Thursday, my family and I were guests of honor at the Black Creek Arts Center in Hartsville, SC. Twelve members of the Pate family had art (in many forms) on display in the gallery. It was quite an event. The head of the gallery said that it was the highest attended opening they had ever had! I'm not sure exactly how many people were there, but it was packed!


From left to right, my dad, his sister, his two brothers, my grandpa and grandma. Obviously, no one was really expecting this picture to be taken.


Here is some of my dad's work that was in the show. The two landscapes are scenes from Hartsville close to where my mom grew up. The dancer painting was featured in a national art show and magazine!


My grandma is showing off some of her stained glass work. I'm pretty sure she's the only one who sold anything the night of the opening. This was taken before the crowd came.


This painting was done by my cousin Charles. He's very talented, and I was really impressed by this painting. I'm not sure of the actualy dimensions, but it was huge!!


I had architectural models in the show.


I also featured some Hand Made and Lovely jewelry of course! I only wish my business cards had arrived before the show! I got a lot of compliments, and people were very curious about my materials. I even had one lady offer me buttons from her large collection! I might have to take her up on that.

3 comments:

  1. Your earrings are in my spring inspiration board post today!!!

    http://ohsostandard.tumblr.com/post/3766756395/inspiration-board-numero-tres-spring-edition

    anddd

    http://alloftheabove-lc.blogspot.com/

    GO BRACEY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous to come from a truly artistically gifted family! :D

    ReplyDelete